The Lagos State University has notified the general public that the University will re-open for normal academic activities from Monday 14th September, 2020.
The decision of the University Senate to commence normal academic activities is in compliance with the directive of Lagos State Governor, Mr Babajide Olusola SANWO-OLU, and other visitors to the University that Tertiary Institutions in the state can re-open from Monday 14th September, 2020.
Although, according to the senate, only final-year undergraduate and postgraduate students will resume on September 14 while other students will resume on November 9 but will be guided by the following rules and regulations:
RESUMPTION DATE FOR THE DIFFERENT CATEGORIES OF STUDENTS
- Only final year students at the undergraduate level i.e. 400, 500 and 600 level (depending on the duration of the programme) students respectively, are permitted to resume academic activities on Monday 14th September 2020 and their lecture hours will be from 9.00 am to 3.00 pm daily (Monday to Friday).
- Postgraduate students (Masters and PhD) are to also resume on Monday 14th September 2020 but their lectures will strictly hold on weekends only.
- 200 to 500 level (all levels other than 100 level and final year) students will commence academic activities on Monday 9th November 2020 while lectures for newly admitted students (100 levels) will commence on Monday 11th January 2021.
- Sandwich Degree Programme, Part-Time in Epe Campus and Diploma students will commence lectures on Friday 13th November 2020 and their lectures would hold only on weekends.
REGULATIONS DURING LECTURES
- For emphasis, lecturers must ensure that all students wear their facemask during classes.
- Lecturers must ensure that their classes are not crowded and students observe physical distancing by maintaining the prescribed two meters between two students.
- Lecturers must ensure that there is adequate ventilation in their lecture rooms.